Monday, May 20, 2013

Washington DC, May 4th

After a night of debaucheries (firefighters night), Veronica and I woke up and decided we wanted to take a road trip to DC for the day. She had her 2 y/o nephew, William, and of coarse Bailey (my kiddo) was with me.
 We left the hotel, picked up the boys, and met up in Front Royal at the park & ride, and carpooled to Vienna. From Vienna, we took the Metro (woo! a train!). Those ticket machines at the metro are confusing as hell....but, the people who worked there were very helpful, and nice. We took the blue line into DC. We got off at the Foggy  Bottom station, and walked about a mile to the Harbor. Yes, we took a boat ride. The boat ride was around 2hrs long (45 min both ways). I think for me and Bailey it was $20. Children 1 and under are Free. Here's some of what we saw from the boat:

After that, we walked back up to the city, and went over to the National Mall. We were too late to go to the museums...everything was closed...But, we still got to see all of the memorials! The WWII memorial was a new one for me, and it's beautiful!! The Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument were as breathtaking as ever....Here's pictures from our walk to the Mall, and the memorials (all free).









 I have more pictures, but they won't load...I'll add as I can :)

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment