Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shenandoah County, VA Fair

 Hello World! This is my first post....I'm excited! I live and work in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. This blog will be about places to visit (Roadtrip!!), Places to eat, local Valley- resident owned businesses, and there will be recipes scattered throughout too. I hope ya'll enjoy!!

 The Shenandoah County Fair is something my 11 y/o son looks forward to (even though it means school starts as soon as the fair ends). They always seem to have the best musical line-up too!! This year they had the legendary George Jones and Travis Tritt!!! I took my son, Bailey, and his friend, Austin this year. We always go on Kids Night (usually a Tuesday), because I can save $2 as there is no children's entrance fee that day. Unless you only plan on your child riding one ride (like that ever happens), you're much better off buying an All-Night/Unlimited ride bracelet. They're $18. I remember when I was a kid (I'm 30 now), the bracelets were $10. So, I walked in with $70.  I left with $2. That I then spent on two tacos at Taco Bell for Austin. That $70 included a 3 teas, 2 bottled sodas, 1.5 bracelets (paid the difference for Austin), 2 BBQ sandwich meals, 2 funnel cakes, and my entrance fee. Wow. It is not cheap at all to take the family to the fair. It's like you have to save up for it like you would a vacation! But, the kids had fun, I got some great pictures, and I actually saw the cows this time!! There was a cow there, that was a big as a VW Bug....He was a massive fella.
                  Well, here are a few pictures :)

This is Bailey and me




All The Best, Candi








No comments:

Post a Comment